Luke 9:21-22 New King James Version (NKJV)
21 And He strictly warned and commanded them to tell this to no one, 22 saying, “The Son of Man must suffer many things, and be rejected by the elders and chief priests and scribes, and be killed, and be raised the third day.”
Mark 16 New King James Version (NKJV)
16 Now when the Sabbath was past, Mary Magdalene, Mary the mother of James, and Salome bought spices, that they might come and anoint Him. 2 Very early in the morning, on the first day of the week, they came to the tomb when the sun had risen. 3 And they said among themselves, “Who will roll away the stone from the door of the tomb for us?” 4 But when they looked up, they saw that the stone had been rolled away—for it was very large. 5 And entering the tomb, they saw a young man clothed in a long white robe sitting on the right side; and they were alarmed.
6 But he said to them, “Do not be alarmed. You seek Jesus of Nazareth, who was crucified. He is risen! He is not here. See the place where they laid Him. 7 But go, tell His disciples—and Peter—that He is going [a]before you into Galilee; there you will see Him, as He said to you.”
I want to state the following: THE POWER OF HIS RESURRECTION is still in operation today :
– For many people the resurrection of Jesus was the end of a good story or a historical event that we just celebrate once a year.
– BUT I have come to tell you today, that what happened on that day, has continued to happen for the last 2000 years till this very day:
“the resurrection of sons and daughters out of darkness into His marvelous light”
Jesus Christ stepped out of the tomb and into the hearts of people who would received Him as their Lord and savior!
Since that day there has been:
– A resurrecting Out of bondage into freedom
– A resurrecting Out of the curse into blessing
– A resurrecting Out of slavery into family
In other words the miracles, signs and the wonders that Jesus performed on the earth did not stop at the tomb:
BUT His resurrection disarmed principalities and powers, and He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them (Col 2:15)
The Power of His resurrection is able to Resurrect your:
– Your business
– Your marriage
– Your children
– Your broken heart
– Your broken body
– Your future
Resurrection power is still in operation today, is available today, can be received today!
Resurrection means: to raise again, to come back to life, back from the grave
If Jesus did not come back to life:
– He would have been remembered as another prophet
– Another philosopher, teacher who came and went
Religion cannot bring Jesus into the now – Religion makes Christ a historical event.
That’s why religion can do nothing for me –
– BUT WHEN I BRING CHRIST INTO THE NOW – IT BECOMES A RELATIONSHIP
WHAT DOES HIS RESURRECTION PROVE?
– Why Is it so important to us?
1 Corinthians 15:14 New King James Version (NKJV)
14 And if Christ is not risen, then our preaching is empty and your faith is also empty.
(1) HIS RESURRECTION PROVES THAT JESUS WAS NOT GUILTY
Jesus was on trial before He was crucified.
– HE was Brought before all the Pharisees, brought before pilot, brought before all the people.
Pilot: “What shall I do with this man?” The people pronounced judgment:
John 19:7 New King James Version (NKJV)
7 The Jews answered him, “We have a law, and according to [a]our law He ought to die, because He made Himself the Son of God.”.
• But His resurrection proves that he was not guilty!
• He truly was and is the Son of God!
(2) HIS RESURRECTION PROVES HIS CREDIBILITY
In other words what Jesus claimed to be while walking on this earth, He said:
• I am the way the truth and the life
• I am the son of God
• I am the messiah
• I am the good shepherd
• I am the vine
• I am the Bread of life
If Christ had not risen – WHAT HE CLAIMED TO BE WOULD ALL BE A LIE.
– It would mean His identity would not be true
BUT Here is the good news: HE AROSE
He is still the way, truth and life
All what He said He was, He still is today because of His resurrection!
Acts 4:30-35 New King James Version (NKJV)
2 Now the multitude of those who believed were of one heart and one soul; neither did anyone say that any of the things he possessed was his own, but they had all things in common. 33 And with great power the apostles gave witness to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus. And great grace was upon them all.
33 And with great ability and power the apostles were continuously testifying to the resurrection of the Lord Jesus, and great grace [God’s remarkable loving-kindness and favor and goodwill] rested richly upon them all.
IT’S THE RESURRECTION OF CHRIST THAT ENABLES US TO WALK IN GREAT POWER AND GREAT GRACE!
– God wants you to function in this power and grace
(3) HIS RESURRECTION PROVES THAT DEATH IS DEFEATED
1 Corinthians 15:54 New King James Version (NKJV) (END)
“Death is swallowed up in victory.”
Interesting thought: The ROOT of most fear is death.
Example: You lose your job – fear comes… dig deeper, if you don’t find work you lose your home, have no income have no food end up dead.
Sickness comes – the root is the fear of death.
Jesus said I have not given you a Spirit of fear – But of power, love and a sound mind!
Revelation 1:18 New King James Version (NKJV)
18 I am He who lives, and was dead, and behold, I am alive forevermore. Amen. And I have the keys of [a]Hades and of Death.
– Because of His resurrection he conquered death, to back authority – they keys of life and death from the enemy
(4) HIS RESURRECTION PROVES THAT HE IS COMING BACK
If Christ did not rise from the dead – no need to wait for Him?
Matthew 24:42 New King James Version (NKJV)
42 Watch therefore, for you do not know what [a]hour your Lord is coming
– He is coming back to collect his bride – His church – You and me
Christ resurrection proves:
(1) That Christ was innocent – He was the son of God
(2) That He is who He said He was (Healer – Good shepherd)
(3) Death is defeated (Whatever is dead in our lives – God can bring a pulse back to it)
(4) That he is coming again (Are you ready for Him?)
THE RESURRECTION OF JESUS BRINGS THE POWER OF GOD INTO YOUR LIFE
– Christianity is based and sustained on HIS resurrection
– Historical Jesus won’t do anything for you
– Remembering a story won’t change you
– Receiving Him, and allowing Him to role away the stones that stand in the way of your resurrection..